A beautiful smile is something to behold. It is a feature about yourself to love. If your smile isn't in its very best condition, guess what, it could use that much more TLC! Whatever your current dental situation, regular visits with your dentist are a must. Here in our Granite Bay general and cosmetic dentistry …
A beautiful smile is something to behold. It is a feature about yourself to love. If your smile isn’t in its very best condition, guess what, it could use that much more TLC! Whatever your current dental situation, regular visits with your dentist are a must. Here in our Granite Bay general and cosmetic dentistry office, we help patients fall in love with their smiles all over again. Here, we discuss some of the ways that you can do the same.
An Ounce of Prevention
Hands down, loving your smile means taking excellent care of your teeth and gums. Doing so doesn’t take very long, only two minutes in the morning and about double that every night before bed. The thing is, it’s easy to get so busy in life that we forget the critical nature of oral care habits. All it takes is a lack of daily brushing and flossing for plaque and tartar to build up on teeth. When this happens, we’re looking at a future of decay and infection. Conversely, all it takes to prevent the pain and stress of cavities and gum disease are those daily habits. We might suggest:
- Set daily reminders in the form of notes on the mirror or alarms on your phone to create a consistent oral care habit.
- Set a timer for two minutes every time you brush, or brush as long as one of your favorite songs.
- Use “flavored” dental floss to make the practice more enjoyable. This may help you stick with it.
- Be mindful of your diet! Where possible, cut back on highly-processed, high-sugar foods and beverages.
- Sip water throughout the day, especially after meals and other beverages.
- See your dentist every six months.
Managing Dental Problems
The vast majority of people who see their dentist every six months and take good care of their teeth every day are able to avoid uncomfortable dental problems. We want this for all of our patients. However, in the unfortunate event that a tooth gets infected or the gums become inflamed, we’re here to help. Dr. Mahal also performs cosmetic services that can correct issues like discoloration, misalignment, and more.
Loving your smile looks different for you than it will for anyone else. We can provide the unique services that you need to love what you see in the mirror. To schedule a visit, contact us at 916.800.5001.